google.com, pub-4503055424083402, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 MY COUNTRYLANE: Hats, Hats and More Hats

SEARCH MyCountrylane blog

22 December 2017

Hats, Hats and More Hats

Making hats goes well with the Hallmark Channel. I'm just saying.

I've continued making the preemie hats but I'm now getting to the end of the baby yarn. I think I'm spoiled now. Recently I tried using "regular" yarn and it seemed massive in my hands. I like that delicate look and feel. But alas, it's not for everything, is it?

I've got a nice stock of bulky yarn too. I recently got this incredibly soft skein of light blue bulky (I don't know the name of it) in a grab bag of thrift store yarn. You can't do too much with just 1 skein and that just a part of a skein so I pulled the large loom out and started making a slouchy hat. Now, this is a far cry from my usual hat style, but I must say that I love it!

I was afraid the large loom would make the hat too big for my head but instead, I like how it doesn't crush my hair flat to my head. (or at least leaves me enough curl to fluff it back up). I loomed that yarn until there wasn't anymore so I have this sort of tail that hangs off the back when I wear the hat. But it doesn't stick up so I don't look like an elf.

With all that said it doesn't matter what I look like in the hat. The fact is that this hat is the softest one I ever had and I have plenty of hat to make a wide brim over my ears on especially cold days. It works!