google.com, pub-4503055424083402, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 MY COUNTRYLANE: So Many Tomatoes

SEARCH MyCountrylane blog

10 August 2008

So Many Tomatoes

Dan says next year we're just going to plant 3 tomato plants and that's it. That's all we started with this year, then we were given more plants. Just 3 more, not counting the cherry tomatoes that volunteered.
We went out this morning and tried to move a few branches around to get them off of the pepper plants. We planted 3 of those too. We lost one early on, leaving 2 to grow. One of them is about 4' high. I've never seen a green pepper plant that tall before. The other one has been sheltered under all those tomatoes. We've put the wooden thing in there to help hold everything up. Can you see that pepper plant is taller than the tomato plant on the left!?

While working we found a horn worm - full of the "rice" eggs. Dan sprayed to be on the safe side. It's so hard to see in there now. All our tomatoes are so big. We brought in about 25-30 this morning and this afternoon Danny was making more spaghetti sauce to put up for winter. We'll use that for pizza too. He makes the best!

My EZ ThriftStore opened on July 5. Last night I sold an item in less than 6 hours. That makes 15 sales since we opened. I have 2 to ship tomorrow morning and shipped 3 on Friday. I'm cleaning out a lot of stuff. Eventually I'll just keep about 25 items and rotate them in and out very quickly. If they sell fine and if not it's out to the junk store again. We've gotten pretty tight when it comes to buying now. Always looking for tags and new. Real treasure hunting. With Christmas getting close (commerce-wise) it won't be long before trade will really be jumping.

I finally gave up on getting a FrontPage web host. I'd spoken with them and they could see my site, but Missy and Andrea and Danny's computer as well as mine wouldn't pick it up; so why bother. I pulled my files, closed the account, called my regular host and in less than 30 minutes had my new domain names associated with my sites. Now I'm cleaning out the crap from my computer. I guess it comes down to "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." I was trying to save a buck and I guess my time is worth what I've wasted making more work for myself. So now my genealogy site is at genthreads.com and my home site is at mycountrylane.net

Mom will have surgery on her foot on Friday. I'm sure she'll do fine and won't be laying low but for so long. Melissa will be coming in Friday as well. She'll be flying to Florida to accompany Rob back to Richmond at the end of August. I'm sure when he gets back we won't see Missy much for a while!
Dad had his eye looked at this week and is doing the antibiotics again. He too, doesn't stay down long - he's got berries and grapes waiting for his attention!
Well I've accomplished something this week even if I had to backtrack to do it! I'm in the midst of regrouping my life. Seems like it's always in transition and just when you get something right, something else changes. Challenges, they are; variety, the spice of life, ya-da, ya-da, Now to take on the new week. Have a good one!