google.com, pub-4503055424083402, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 MY COUNTRYLANE: The weekend is over, almost!

SEARCH MyCountrylane blog

17 August 2008

The weekend is over, almost!

It's a little after 5pm. Melissa is either over Mom's visiting or already on her way back to Richmond. Lindsey came out to see Mom for a little bit. She's probably already back at her house by now. They are both loaded up with tomatoes.

Everyone came to see Mom because she had surgery on her foot Thursday. Just some local bone "shaving" off the bottom. After a shaky couple of days because of the demoral she took, she's doing much better now. Stuff like that makes us sick; we're allergic to codeine and I don't take anything that has "dine" in it. I'd rather have the pain that the sick. But we only find out through doing, which sucks, but once done you don't go there again.

Danny is still in the shop and I'm piddling around online and thought I'd give a Blogger update. Melissa said she used to look at my Gardening Place blog that I've deleted now. I have until the 5th of next month to change my mind and reopen it. We were looking at the garden when she said it. There have been a few changes out there in the garden; maybe I'll reopen that blog and put some new photos on. Like everyone is just waiting around to see our little garden. I'm so sure.

Trash Yesterday Melissa and I met Lindsey for lunch. On the way there I had Melissa stick the camera out the window and take a picture of what a low-life left by Pokety Bridge. What makes folks so low-rent that they just had to dump their trash by the water? It's not like both Virginia Beach and Chesapeake don't have home garbage pick-up service! It just disgusts me to think that this world has people like that. I know in the scheme of things, with murderers and terrorists, a little garbage bandit is nothing, but it's just so symbolic of the degradation and apathy that abounds with no just recompense. I am praying that whoever did this will be struck with a guilty conscience and eventually pick up their mess. Since the cities join up around this bridge I'm not even sure who you would call to report it. It's just CRAP.
Can you tell it makes me mad?! smile_baringteeth

We don't go to church anymore. I miss it a lot, but in the interim I've been listening to a preacher on the radio when I go to work in the mornings. He must be Mexican. His name is Raoul and is very good. I really enjoy hearing his continuing messages through the Bible. But the funny thing is that when I listen to him I keep picturing George Lopez preaching to me!

This guy has done everything bad it seems like, before he came to Christ. Drugs, drinking, even beating his wife, but he finally listened when God spoke and became a follower, teacher and minister. You can tell he's been there, done that, when he speaks. He doesn't come across as "holier than thou" and I like that he's just a regular person sharing God's word. He's humble. I'd love to meet him.

Dan just brought me my drinky-poo so I'm done here. Have a good week!