google.com, pub-4503055424083402, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 MY COUNTRYLANE: Progress No Longer Pending

SEARCH MyCountrylane blog

14 May 2024

Progress No Longer Pending

I used to think that me falling apart and therapy would never end. But both are changing. Therapy ends this month (after over a year) and I am now doing my best to enjoy a new outlook with greater movement than I've had in years. I have abundant joy in simply being able to go up and down steps, or take a shower and reach my ankles... little things that everyone takes for granted. There are so many things I couldn't do for so long. I try to get up early every day and watch the sun rise, just to make my day longer.

Well, enough of that. We recently discovered a dark side to the church we've been attending for the last year. "To the curb, Alice" we don't need to waste time there anymore so that is definitely changing. I guess God has something else planned. I think there were signs we didn't want to see and it sometimes felt like we were trying to put a square peg into a round hole. Now we're listening more closely to His whispers and seeking to follow His guidance better. We learn by doing.


We now have a cat. That's a big change for us. We didn't go get one. We didn't want one.  But someone dropped her out and she happened to take up residence under our green shed. Danny started feeding her because she was so very skinny. She's taken to our little dogs, although the senior doesn't feel kindly towards "Pepper." She is very loving and lonely because she can't come into the house. (Not unless she sees a vet, gets flea meds and probably fixed to boot). But we'd rather see someone else give her a home, perhaps become someone's favorite barn cat. Please let me know if you're interested!!

I recently had laser surgery on an eye lens. There was film or something attaching to the lens I got a few years ago when I had cataract surgery. My vision is no longer cloudy, but I now have a few free-moving floaters that hover around like black gnats. I used to have a flock, but there's just a couple left now. They don't move with my eye, just randomly go this way and that; sometimes I can't see them at all, sometimes I can. Very strange. It's annoying sometimes, but very doable. Now I get to go buy some new photochromatic glasses! I can't wait! The last time I bought glasses I decided to not use those and just get normal glasses - big mistake! I miss them so much!


Now that the enlarged patio blocks are all in place in front of the greenhouse we finally set up our new 4-foot planter boxes this morning. They are going to work so much nicer than the hodge-podge of extra-large pots we used the last few years  for our tomatoes. We still need to add more dirt, but we're taking things slow so we don't hurt our backs. We bought a 3 foot kiddie pool in which to mix the bags of dirt together. That worked great! I'm hoping we get our plants in before "Pepper" decides we made her giant litter boxes!


Even though we stayed home on Mother's Day I had a good day. My girls joined me on a group messenger video chat and we had just the best time! And while I was doing that my sweet neighbor bought me a lovely miniature rose and a card that said I was a blessing to her on Mother's Day and always. Back at ya, Sweet Lady!


Last but not least, one of our biggest changes is that we got a new car with a fabulous deal, to boot! A lot of new toys to play with in that thing!

I am truly blessed. Progress is at every turn. I love waking up every day to see what wonderful things God gives to me. I thank Him for everything. My heart is filled with peace.