google.com, pub-4503055424083402, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 MY COUNTRYLANE: Mother's Day Post

SEARCH MyCountrylane blog

14 May 2017

Mother's Day Post

Things have been pretty much the same old same old for the past few weeks. I'm exercising like the doctor told me to do, and trying not to move around and hurt my healing back by being too frisky, which is pretty boring. So because it's boring I decided not to post even when I thought about doing so.

Recently I watched (supervised) Hubster as he cleaned out the greenhouse. I hated to, but in many cases I tossed and/or donated things I normally would want to keep. But I know I probably won't be doing too much gardening and such like I used to. It's better to get rid of them now while I'm less mobile than to wait and tempt myself into doing something risky later when I'm better. For example, I used to love jumping on a good shovel and digging holes for plants and such. I'd be crazy to do that anymore!

I think a few flowers would perk things me up a bit!

As the weather warms and I get better Hubster has been getting to his shop more where he's been cleaning and getting rid of his own accumulation too. Does it ever end?

Today was Mother's Day. I did get a short visit to Waffle House for some steak and eggs. We also stopped by mom's house before leaving to drop off our gifts, knowing she was having a busy day. We got her some solar lights for the front sidewalk and I'd made her some new crocheted wash cloth. She loved both!

I'm hoping to get back to church soon. I really miss going; but it's not playing piano that gets me hurting as much as those church pews. (they say they are the worse for backs). When I tried going to church before, even with something shoved behind my back the pain got crazy before services ended. Plus I think part of it was not being able to take my pain pill before going. It's kind of a catch-22 thing. Take the pill and play piano like I'm on drugs or avoid the pill, play piano and hurt like the dickens. My next doc follow-up is a week away so maybe things will change for me.