google.com, pub-4503055424083402, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 MY COUNTRYLANE: Active Just Got Better

SEARCH MyCountrylane blog

12 June 2017

Active Just Got Better

After a successful, if not tiring band practice with the church guitar peeps on Saturday night I decided I was ready to take the plunge and return to church the following Sunday morning. Gosh, it was so wonderful being back with my extended "family." I've missed it a lot.

Perhaps I cheated a little bit, but I really wanted things to work out for my back so after a quick run-through with the band and praise team at 8:30am I went back home to lay down flat and rest until 15 minutes before the 10am worship service started. I definitely think doing so helped! For the most part I was able to make it through the service but I started feeling the pains kicking in when we had about 20 minutes left to go. I thought to myself, "you can do this" but still found myself squirming some as the minutes slowly ticked by.

Getting into the hot car after church and leaning on the hot seat back really helped relieve some aches. Hubster asked if I wanted to try it so we ran out for a quick lunch, heading to our favorite (and fast) Chinese place, but for some reason they weren't open on time and we didn't want to wait around so we backtracked to the 3 Amigos, which was at least closer to home. When we turned in the parking lot who did we see but the preacher's family! So we had a quick and delightful Mexican lunch together before they headed off and we returned home.

I spent the rest of the day in my pj's with an ice pack. Still, over all, it was a great day back at church!