google.com, pub-4503055424083402, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 MY COUNTRYLANE: Experiment in Pink, Gray, and White

SEARCH MyCountrylane blog

07 November 2017

Experiment in Pink, Gray, and White

I had purchased a grab bag of yarn at the thrift store a while back. In it was the large skein of pink, white, and gray baby sport yarn. I ended up making large blocks out of it. Unfortunately I didn't calculate too well and only ended up with eight blocks instead of nine. So my newest creation has a large white block in the center


I did three rows of single stitches around each block and then took my big plastic needle and starting pulling it all together.


I love how the rows look where two blocks are joined, like little waffles. Since I've now completed my tic-tac-toe board of vertical and horizontal rows I can take the blanket to the Crochet Club meeting at church to lay it all out on the large tables to see where I need to add some extra borders here and there. (I never said my blocks were perfect)!

It's a pretty good size at roughly 36 inches square before finishing the outer edge. I'll probably donate it to a baby group or perhaps even a nursing home (elderly ladies like pink, right)?

Speaking of babies I did finish a few more hats. Unfortunately the lady that was collecting has already made all her deliveries and I had to hang on to them. But I'll find a home for them soon.