google.com, pub-4503055424083402, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 MY COUNTRYLANE: What An Easter!

SEARCH MyCountrylane blog

23 April 2019

What An Easter!

Since my last post things got hectic, mostly in preparation for Easter services at church. First there was getting the final bulletins out for Palm and Easter Sundays, last minute rehearsals for both the Joyful Noise Choir and the band, followed by one of the best performances by the choir on Palm Sunday. At each practice we had prayed for the music to touch hearts and the feedback received indicated just that! By request we're planning to reprise one of our favorites from the musical again this Sunday as a final follow-up to the Easter season.

With Saturday came the Easter Egg Hunt at church. I don't usually go since my kids are grown, but I didn't have a source for photos so I grabbed my camera and joined the organized chaos of the indoor hunt filled with tons of kids! Everyone had a great time there! Kids are just so cute!! It ended up that I was the last person to leave church after a quick praise team rehearsal after the egg hunt. When I closed the foyer doors imagine my surprise to see a purple egg fall to the ground! The very last egg of the hunt had been found! So I got a prize too! (I kept the prize candy but returned the egg for another hunt someday).

Then there was Easter morning! We arrived at church at 5:30am to help set up for the Sunrise service. The men worked by truck lights for a while! My keyboard and many chairs were moved outside, the sound man had everything working, the guitar was hooked up, our song leader looked lovely and the people came. Oh, yes, and the sunshine showed up right on schedule! It was pretty awesome! The pastor's short message was  moving as we imagined being there when Christ was crucified. Afterwards, with donuts and coffee all around we enjoyed a time of great community interaction.

Danny & I came home to change and I was able to rest my back from sitting on the piano bench the whole time. We returned to church at 8:30 for last minute rehearsals with the band and praise team. The 10am service went very well and we sang "He Lives." "Because He Lives," and "The Old Rugged Cross." I felt like everyone was in such a great joyful spirit that the whole room was vibrant. A family joined church, the pastor gave another great message, and many people went home with a dessert they'd bought at the Sweet Sensations auction to raise money for missions. The whole day was just awesome!

I gotta say, I never, in my wildest dreams, imagined playing piano for a church Easter service when I grew up! I always hated to play in public; recitals gave me nightmares. But, God does take away the fear and gives you the boldness to do any job He asks you to do. (I still ask Him to make my fingers go the way they're s'posed to go when I play each Sunday)!

Afterwards, we again went home, fed the dogs and changed clothes before heading out for a quick lunch at Asian Grill. It was so weird... nothing was open in the whole complex but that restaurant! Just empty parking lots all over the place and a few people driving around looking to see what might be open (duh, nothing).

When we finally got back home I uploaded the sermon online and then crashed for the rest of the day! This was the most exhilarating and exhausting Easter ever, but I wouldn't have changed a thing! Thank you, Jesus, for the opportunity to serve You!