google.com, pub-4503055424083402, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 MY COUNTRYLANE: Our eBay thing!

SEARCH MyCountrylane blog

19 August 2008

Our eBay thing!

Dan has been cleaning out stuff. He found, to my eyes, an old box that apparently used to have a gun in it. I have since found out that a lot, a whole lot, of people would like to have said box.
I loaded the Colt 45 government issue box with accompanying brochure onto the eBay site last Friday evening for a starting bid of $9.99. In fact it posted while I was watching TV. I thought maybe someone might see it over the weekend.

The next morning I checked it and lo, and behold, it was over $158!!! OMG! What a fine little box we have, I thought. Over the rest of the weekend it climbed to more than $175 and has stayed there until this today.
We still have 3 more days to go before this eBay listing goes out on Friday. I checked it at work early this afternoon and it was holding steady. But after Danny got home from work he insisted that we check again, even though I told him I'd checked and probably no one would raise a bid until the last few minutes of the auction.

He was right - It's now at $205 and I'm thinking I've got to get more little boxes!