google.com, pub-4503055424083402, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 MY COUNTRYLANE: In Over A Month

SEARCH MyCountrylane blog

24 September 2021

In Over A Month

 Shortly after my last post we lost one of the hunters who have been part of my life for ever so long. As the child of a Hunt Master I’ve met a lot of wonderful men who have been a part of my family’s life. Mr. Paul was one of the quietest and also one of the sweetest people I’ve ever known. He will be missed so much when the next hunting season starts.

 I had my annual mammogram and I’m happy to say I’m good to go. I don’t know why any woman would not take the time to get this done to have peace of mind. Years ago, a lady at my church was diagnosed with breast cancer and it was no time at all before she was gone. It was so sad. Technology has come a long way in 30 years. It’s quick and relatively painless. October is Breast cancer Awareness month… a good time to get caught up on your check-ups.

In August, we drove down in NC to visit my cousin’s granite company and select new kitchen counter top materials. I can’t thank Hunter enough for the “family discount” and for squeezing us into his busy schedule. So now, my kitchen looks all new with counters, sinks and faucets. 

 We went from this:


 To this:


Once we get the tile back splash installed, I won’t know how to act!


We discovered an overgrown skin-tag like growth on our lady fur baby and had it removed in late August. As we celebrated our new counter tops the next evening the vet called to say that the biopsy came back “malignant.” She will have another biopsy on nearby lymph nodes to see if the cancer has spread. We’re hopeful that we got it in time. Today she gets the stitches out and hopefully the dreaded cone of shame from off her head that has kept her from scratching.

In September my Florida daughter came for another visit. That meant a lot of fun times filled with awesome discussions, a lot of laughter, great food, and a drop or two of good wine. My Florida kids as well as my now Georgia kids will all be here for Christmas, and I can’t wait!!

Today I had a regular dental cleaning. The appointment was made in May, but for some reason they couldn’t find me on the schedule anywhere. They offered to squeeze me in 2 hours later, but it was too far to go home and come back so I said forget it.

We stopped by Home Depot so Danny could get whatever he was going to get while I was at the dentist. That’s where I saw this “thing.” It was 8 feet tall with giant flapping wings. Another nearby Animatronic was speaking in a gravelly satanic style voice and the whole scene just stunned and bewildered me. I know it was nothing more than an overgrown decorative toy but I saw a representation of what it could be like at the end-times, with Satan standing high on a hill, commanding his armies to go out into the world and gather his own. I felt sorrow and fear for the future. My heart broke for those that Christians call the lost.

I know some people get into this kind of thing. But I just saw Satan using this as an opportunity to make his presence in our world in an OK way. We see this kind of stuff all the time and think no big deal. He’s already infiltrated out movies and TV and we don’t even give it a second thought.

I almost cried as I left the store; it was all I could do to get out of there. I did cry on the way home. I felt so overwhelmed, so fearful for those who will be deaf to hear and blind to see or heed the warnings of a Godless future.

I can’t explain my strong reaction. I just know I’d be ashamed to have one of these things in my front yard. I am sorry if I brought you down. You may even think I’m crazy. I love Jesus and make no apologies for it. He’s been part of me since I was a very little girl. I don’t understand it at all, I just know I’m good with it being this way. I crave knowing Him and desire to be closer to Him every day. The way the world is changing is heartbreaking all around.

Have a good week and watch for God’s working in your life.