google.com, pub-4503055424083402, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 MY COUNTRYLANE: Sleep Is Healing

SEARCH MyCountrylane blog

20 April 2017

Sleep Is Healing

Sleep is healing time. For me that's so true. My meds make me sleepy so I've been very good at keeping still & allowing my back time to heal. I'm still walking a lot - that's pretty much the only therapy they gave me. According to them, I should eventually get up to 3 miles. At this point I think that's a joke... I just can't see that ever being a reality, but I'm also anxious to see if it could indeed happen. If it does, I will call it a miracle. It's been so very long since I've been able to do things like other people do every day and take for granted!! It's been 4 years this month since my last back injury that prevented me from standing up for more than 10-15 minutes. And right before surgery I was down to about 5 minutes at a time.

Thank you God for giving man the ability to do surgeries that change people's lives!

It could take up to a year to fully recover. Late yesterday evening, right before dark, I went for my first walk around the yard in a very long time. Danny walked with me to make sure I didn't wobble on the uneven ground and the dogs were delighted and running in circles around us. I usually just stand on the deck to wait for them. Because it had been a long time since being in my yard I was able to look at things with fresh eyes; even the mundane took on a specialness and delight that I can't explain.

I hope I never lose that delight in small things. God is so good to all of us and for the most part we take so much for granted, ignoring Him and his blessings until we are in a crisis. But taking in all of his blessings on a daily basis makes life full!