google.com, pub-4503055424083402, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 MY COUNTRYLANE: An Encounter In Produce

SEARCH MyCountrylane blog

12 July 2017

An Encounter In Produce

I could see her coming. I had no clue who this sweet-looking slightly elderly little lady was, but she was making a bee-line towards me in Walmart last week. Apparently she had seen the bag of low sodium potato chips from across the produce section. As she started talking Hubster noticed me from the banana dept. and I gave him an "I don't know what's going on" shrug with raised eyebrows.

She was a heavy-set woman who, like me, walked with a bit of a limp. She didn't say who she was; just starting telling me that there was a house brand available for only $1.00 that was just as good as what I had selected. She said I could save money to boot. Then she offered to take me to them in the back of the store. On second thought she hollered back at the much slower me to stay where I was and she would bring some to me.

Of course I didn't stay put, but slowly padded my way up the aisle hoping to meet her on the way back and quickly end this strange encounter. She soon reappeared, her mission accomplished, and tossed a new bag of generic low salt chips in my cart. She even offered to take my bag back where it came from. "No, thank you - we'll be doing a taste test later" I said.

I learned her name was Sylvia and she then told me about a weekly Bible study on the book of Daniel that she'd just come from down the road at her church. They'd had their first meeting that morning and if I wanted to come I hadn't missed much. The invitation was so unexpected but so sweet. I thanked her and gave her a hug.

She said, "We've hugged now. I have to give you something" and proceeded to take off her black wrist band for me.

I pray for this bold kind lady, this Ms. Sylvia of Walmart, whenever I look at my new bracelet. She never asked me and I never said that I was already a saved Christian. I later thought perhaps she had wasted her time on me if her mission had been to share God with some lost soul because I already know Him. So I thought I'd share it here with you and whoever else may read my little story.

The message Sylvia passed to me is for anyone who doesn't already know God or maybe as a reminder to anyone who may have forgotten that He's waiting to hear from them. The message is ♥ God Loves You: He Always Has - He Always Will.