google.com, pub-4503055424083402, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 MY COUNTRYLANE: Baby Memorial Hats

SEARCH MyCountrylane blog

20 October 2017

Baby Memorial Hats

I had knee surgery at the end of August (two different surgeries in one year is crazy) which means I've been maintaining a slow lifestyle. So I've been keeping busy making little baby hats for the lady who collects memorial hats for mothers who lose a child at birth and have nothing to take home but an empty heart.

About a month or so ago I took 126 hats made by the Crochet Club at church. Since then I've continued the mission and taken about 30 more. I call them Angel Hats.

These little things are so much fun to make and I'm cleaning out all those miniature skeins of tiny baby yarn that I haven't been able to use over the last few years. No matter how small the hat turns out, unfortunately there will always be a little head that can fit it sooner or later, a little child that God called home too soon. Hopefully, a mother that I prayed for while making it will cherish her hat and find peace.