google.com, pub-4503055424083402, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 MY COUNTRYLANE: Odds and Ends

SEARCH MyCountrylane blog

25 February 2018

Odds and Ends

I hadn't realized it had been three weeks since I last posted. I've been going to therapy for my knee twice a week for the last three weeks. I've been exercising at home and then laying around with ice on my knee for three weeks. It's taking forever. So far I don't see much progress but they keep saying to trust the process. They have three more weeks to prove their point.

Meanwhile, I celebrated my birthday a week late, waiting for my daughter to arrive from FL. We had a grand time at my favorite restaurant, the Shiki Sushi and Hibachi at Crossroads. Our favorite waitress was even in attendance so everyone got to meet her. She brought me some fried cheesecake and ice cream at the end of the meal. So funny, the ice cream rolled right off in my lap while she was serving. In her defence I was sitting in the furthest corner and she had to slightly tilt the plate to reach me. She was horrified and apologized profusely, but it could have happened to anyone. We picked it up and with another scoop we were good to go! It was all so good too! Yum!!

I gave up on my yarn project that had stared me in the face for a month. Instead I started doing puzzles on my ipad. One each day as I sat with ice on my knee. I haven't been brave enough to engage the 'rotate pieces' mode yet, but I enjoy the drag and drop of 288 tiny pieces. I like when everybody is facing the right direction! ;)

I've had a couple of genealogy contacts recently so I've been doing some adaptive research on family lines that may or may not be kinfolk. One guy said his mother was a year behind me at high school haven't had time to hunt up my old annuals up the attic but I will soon.

Today, Sunday looks to be a glorious day. After all the rain and damp fog we need this. Yesterday was great too but I spent most of it indoors. Danny was working under the house so I couldn't take the dogs out. Nothing like laying in the dark on moist sand with spiders and who knows what and a little dog comes by to like your face! Danny was grateful to not have that experience!

I stepped outside this morning while the sun was rising. I like noting when it travels to the center of my yard as it moves north to south and back again. This morning I could hear snow geese in the distance (I love geese, probably because we raised them when I grew up). I noticed that birds were getting ready for another day of preparing nests.