google.com, pub-4503055424083402, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 MY COUNTRYLANE: As the New Year Comes

SEARCH MyCountrylane blog

31 December 2018

As the New Year Comes

All the family dramas are over for another year; Christmas decor is boxed once again, and it is the dawn of another New Year's Eve day. What will this brand new year bring to my life? Will things change or go on as they have?

I'd like to think that this will be a year of change. For one thing, I know I am not facing surgery for my back like I was before. That's a big change! I'm excited to be able to (for the most part) move and walk and stand like most of the population takes for granted. I never take it for granted anymore -- it's too precious. I shutter to think what wounded warriors and accident victims face who have lost greater than I did (which was bad enough). Pray for those who have catastrophic needs this year and remember how blessed you are!

Our super-duper primary care doctor has left practice and now we must find a new doctor. That is a change for the new year that we just found out about. Hopefully we will find the right replacement before we have a physical need. Last year Hubster had two surgeries and lost his cardio doctor. We think we've come up with a good heart team. New meds should improve his heart function so we're looking to changes towards good health! We have too much to get caught up with this year, things we've had to put off for several years while dealing with all the aforementioned issues. Hopefully that includes the delayed yard sale too!

I am hoping for a closer walk with God this year. Not necessarily a change; more of an improvement. Going through our physical circumstances has been eye-opening and makes us mindful of where our blessings originate. We are truly thankful for God's mercy and healing. I ask Him to open my eyes to His beautiful world and help me be aware of my place in it and my service to and for Him.

2019 is wide open, just waiting for us to step into it. I can't wait for the adventure to begin!