google.com, pub-4503055424083402, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 MY COUNTRYLANE: I Love Making Pumpkins

SEARCH MyCountrylane blog

21 November 2019

I Love Making Pumpkins


I haven't bought a real pumpkin in years, mostly because the last one made such a mess. This year I have made my own pumpkins with crochet. I'm now the proud owner of six in a variety of sizes and colors. They have proven to be very easy and fast to make. Everyone at the Crochet Club has enjoyed making them as well. The instructions for  makes small 3-4 inch  this one can be found at https://www.planetjune.com/blog/free-crochet-patterns/pumpkin/.  It's just as easy to double the pattern counts to have a larger pumpkin. The hardest part was remembering which row you just did as you alternate between two patterns of rows. This was hard at the Crochet Club meetings because we talk so much! But still, we had a lot of fun learning the basics while the conversation and laughter flowed. Once we knew what we were doing then working at home in the quiet was very relaxing.