google.com, pub-4503055424083402, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 MY COUNTRYLANE: What a Crappy Cup

SEARCH MyCountrylane blog

03 August 2020

What a Crappy Cup

I decided I needed to get out of the house today and went with Hubster to run a few errands. Our favorite Burger King had permanently closed so we headed to Hardee's. I love their biscuits and gravy! But this was my first time to get it as a take out order. I got a small senior tea as well.

Everything was OK as we had a picnic breakfast in our car in their parking lot. It was fine until I wanted to drink the tea. The girl had forgotten to put a straw in the bag! But, I thought, "No problem!" I took off the lid and drank some. Because the cup was so full I started putting the lid back on (in case of an accidental knock-over). Disaster!

Have you noticed lately that cups aren't what they used to be? They seem paper thin, and not very sturdy to the touch! You know, those cups get a lot of their stability from having the lids on. In this particular case, just holding the cup in one hand to apply downward pressure to the lid with the other hand was all it took to collapse the cup entirely. The sides crushed in and it was Mt. Vesuvius all over again, as the full cup of tea exploded upward and outward. So much for that!

I admit I was very upset (and wet). Needless to say, we won't be doing that again for a long time to come! And I always have extra straws stashed away now. You just never know when you'll be thankful for one.